Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's a Difficult Job But...

Every two years (odd numbered calendar years) the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) hosts the National Conference on Catholic Youth Ministry (NCCYM).  Yes, my friends, there are A LOT of acronyms in Ministry...alphabet soup anyone?

But putting the spoon aside, this conference offers anyone who ministers to youth and young adults the opportunity to grown in their knowledge of the ministry.  Unfortunately, I was unable to make it to this year's conference in New Orleans and I hear I missed quite the conference.  There were a couple of people present at the conference from our diocese and I hope they will share their experiences with you on this blog.  However, until that occurs, I'd like to share an article with you that was posted on the U.S. Catholic website just yesterday by Christine Bordelon of the Catholic News Service.

You can read the full article here Youth Ministers Told They Have a Difficult Job...

After reading her article, I'd like to invite you to post your comments and/or reactions.  Let's open it up for discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment